THE TRUTH - JUSTICE - LOVE
The Vatican is promoting the collection of information and documents necessary for sainthood for Cardinal Nguyen Van Thuan is good news for all Christians in Vietnam and abroad. Cardinal Nguyen Van Thuan was a loving Father and respectable. He has all his dedication and service faithfully and fully to the Vatican as well as with the Vietnam Catholic Church in the mission of proclaiming and witnessing to the faith of Catholics. He was Vietnam's communist government persecuted by Father arrested and detained for more than 13 years in prison in many different places since September 15, 1975 until November 23, 1988 been paid freedom.
PROFILE OF PERFORMANCE AND HIMSELF Cardinal Nguyen Van Thuan:
Cardinal Francis Xavier Nguyen Van Thuan was born April 17, 1928 at Phu Cam. Hue. He attended the minor seminary at An Ninh, Quang Tri.
- Ordained priest on June 11, 1953 and was appointed vice originating in the parish Father Francis.
- In 1956, he was appointed Bishop of Hue diocese to study canon law at the Urban University in Roma.
- In 1959, he graduated from canon law doctorate and returned to teach at the seminary Primary Hoan Thien Hue.
- In 1960 he was appointed Director (Superior) seminary.
- From 1963 to 1967, he took the position of General Hue diocese representative.
- June 24, 1967 he was consecrated bishop of Hue and took up office as the Bishop Nha Trang diocese. During time was Nha Trang diocese bishop, He was given the position as Chairman of Social Communication of the Vietnam Episcopal Council (1967-1975). Chairman of the Development Committee of the Episcopal Conference of Vietnam (1967-1975). Advisory Committee on Catholics Pope (1971-1978).
- In 1970, he founded Mission Seminary Bich Lam.
- April 23, 1975, the Holy See appointed Archbishop effect Vadesi court, deputy archbishop of Saigon archdiocese.
- May 7, 1975, he came to Saigon to receive new tasks, but the interim government did not accept at that time.
- August 15, 1975, he was Military Administration Committee of Saigon-Gia Dinh arrested.
- November 23, 1988, he was released and continued on probation in Hanoi.
- In 1989, he was allowed by the government to stay in Australia to visit family and to meet the Pope in Rome.
- In 1990, He went to Rome for the treatment and then was Vietnam's communist government forbade return to Vietnam. While in Rome, he was invited to be members of the International Commission on Immigration and Migration.
- April 9, 1994, he was appointed Apostolic vice president of the Pontifical Council for Justice and Peace.
- May 11, 1996, he received honorary doctorate at Notre Dame Seminary in New Orleans, Louisiana United States.
- June 24, 1998, he was appointed President of the Pontifical Council for Justice and Peace.
- January 21, 2001, he was Pope John Paul II selected to the College of Cardinals, Cardinal title of Santa Maria della Scala church. During this time, Catholic public opinion around the world interested him particularly. The Los Angeles Daily Times article entitled "The men who would be Pope" had predicted he was one of 14 cardinals listed as likely successor to Pope John Paul II.
- September 16, 2002, He died in Rome for bowel cancer.
- September 17, 2007, Roman Catholic Church carried out the procedure for the first beatified and canonized him. "And this is the first time Vietnamese was a beatification project start , which is not the Martyrs. "
- January 16, 2009, the court administrator of the Roma official orders to active collection of documents, evidence and try to work on Cardinal Francis Xavier Nguyen Van Thuan to cater to the Court for his beatification .
- October 22, 2010, although under pressure interference from the communist government of Vietnam, the Court fixed beatified Cardinal Francis Xavier Nguyen Van Thuan was officially started.
We, the children of God to the same united prayers for Cardinal Francis Xavier Nguyen Van Thuan in the canonization and beatification of Him. Pray of God enlighten the leaders of Roman Catholic Church in general and Hierarchy in Vietnam in particular follow the example how to live moral and heroic of him to better serve the Church, the congregation, the pastoral responsibility of him and especially his commitment to the goals of social justice, for the Christian faith, for truth, for justice, for Love and Peace in Vietnam and around the world.
Collect vouchers for sainthood
Update: 04:02 GMT - Wednesday, 21 June 3, 2012
Archbishop Nguyen Van Thuan as Chairman of the
Pontifical Council for Justice and Peace before taking
up a cardinal
A Vatican delegation going to Vietnam this month to gather proof of the beatified saints and Show for Cardinal Nguyen Van Thuan.
The former deputy archbishop of Saigon in 1975 and was the communist government imprisoned 13 years in prison, before being promoted to the Vatican cardinal in 2001 and died in 2002 in Rome.
Vietnam relations - Vatican has " improved"
Vatican and Vietnam talks improve ties
Diocese of Rome, in 2010, officially open the project and a saint beatified Cardinal Nguyen Van Thuan.
A statement on the first day in 2012 by Cardinal Pham Minh Man, archbishop of the Diocese of Sai Gon City, said that "to be declared Blessed and Holy Show, the Servant of God Church to be recognized as persons of good fame for holiness and heroic virtue."
Vatican delegation will have about two weeks in many places in Vietnam, including Hanoi, Sai Gon, Hue, Nha Trang, where the former Cardinal Bishop of (1967-1975).
Scheduled trips will end on 9/04.
Recently, a number of dioceses in Vietnam has sent the proposal who wants to testify before the delegation is in writing and sent to the diocese.
Cardinal Nguyen Van Thuan was born in Hue in 1928, was ordained in 1953 and then was sent to study in Rome and earned a Ph.D. there in 1959.
In 1967, he was chosen Bishop of Nha Trang.
Eight years later, on 04.24.1975, he was appointed deputy archbishop of the Archdiocese of Saigon with the right successor.
But instead of Saigon to get new office, he was arrested, spent 13 years in prison, in many different prisons, including nine years in isolation.
After being released in 1988, he lived in exile in Rome, was ordained President of the Pontifical Council for Justice and Peace of the Vatican in 1998.
He was named cardinal in 2001, a year before his death.
>>> Click here to view Vietnamese page