THE TRUTH - JUSTICE - LOVE
Dear you, our Supporters, Our Readers
- Semi-monthly magazine on freedom of speech issue No. 177 release dated 15-08-2013,
- The editorial of the semi-monthly magazine.
Thank you received and abetting common, especially popular back in the country for dear compatriots.
The editorial board of the newspaper TDNL
Put a gag on people! Embracing the whole sky!
Semi-monthly magazine on freedom of speech issue No. 177 release dated 15-08-2013
On 31-07-2013, Communist Vietnam Prime Minister Nguyen Tan Dung announced Decree 72/2013/ND-CP to "manage, provision and use of internet services and online information." Decree quite long, includes 6 chapters and 46 articles that will take effect from the next 01-09 days.
Newly issued, immediately document the people inside and outside the Vietnam country, and international interest. Thailand's The Nation newspaper of the day 09-08 commented: "The Government of Vietnam will hold the whole sky with his hands by his diminutive enacted a new law to control and" clean " public information dissemination through the Internet. Hanoi issued new rules, known as Decree 72, criminalized the use of social media for anything except to "provide or exchange personal information." Indeed, the article 5, the article 20 and article 25 (which are the most concern from public) provides content and information posted on the exchange's website is permitted, how is "legal" and what is prohibited, as "illegal"! Going from a unique style that distinguishes the world probably never heard of: electronic information synthesis, website internal electronics, electronic information and personal information electronics applications, Nguyen Delectable Tan Dung defines "electronic page of information is personal information by e-mail or set individual settings through the use of social networking services to offer, the exchange of information individuals do not represent other organizations or individuals and provide aggregate information "(Article 20.4). This means that from now on, the bloggers and users of social networking sites such as Facebook, Twitter (tens of millions in VN) ... just get the home story, love story, about playing story not to be cited, divided sharing, social commentary information from newspapers, radio and television, electronic newspapers of the state or of anywhere on the globe.
And not yet, the new law also prohibits Internet service companies (both domestic and international, data dread!) Provides the information content is considered "against the State of Vietnam, undermining national security Family, social order and national unity or distorting information discrediting the organization, libelous honor and dignity of the individual. "(Article 5). Article 25 requires that the organizations and businesses set up social networks to "remove or block information content violates the provisions of Article 5 ...; provide personal information and private information of users at the request of the State agency ...; least 01 server system located in Vietnam to meet the inspection, testing, storing and providing information ...; registration, storage and management personal information settings page personal electronic information and other information on social network ...; report in accordance with and subject to the inspection and examination of the state management agencies have authority ... "That is, Nguyen Tan Dung, on behalf of the Communist Party, to resist the force of the global Internet companies such as Google, Yahoo, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube etc ... accomplice to strengthen repressive policy on Internet freedom of Ha Noi (both with Reporters Without Borders ranked 172/179 countries in a ranking of press freedom), to endangering the safety of netizens by revealing the identity of those who are "our party" considered a violation of the prohibition clause of speech that the VN law was very vague regulations (traditionally so), have significantly limited the content of foreign companies to comment on the website as well as social networks related to their VN. Announcement of the Committee to Protect Journalists CPJ on 23-07-2013 flatly denounced it.
This is the main purpose of that decree is issued (although some officials of Ministry 4T make a scene that the state only remains copyright protected!). It sets the limits and restrictions attempt to deal with the current Internet development in VN that Hanoi has been unexpected and driving. Because the Internet is increasingly asserting itself arms athlete breaks the information blockade walls, shattered beats scissors state censorship, dig graves policies "for ease of stupid people" of CS, improve population deeply location, fast and powerful. Also, on the Internet, through social networks, has appeared in VN - which prohibits independent civil society, where all mass organizations to get into the muzzle of the Fatherland Front - the ability to form the links, organizations, associations, beyond the reach of communist leaders and blind bigotry which advocated comprehensive social management.
So is not surprising that many human rights organizations such as the universal scope of the Committee to Protect Journalists, Reporters Without Borders, organization Reporters Without Borders voiced strong criticism weird Decree this. Mr. Benjamin Ismail, Director of Asia-Pacific Journalists KBG commented: "This decree will lead to economic consequences. I firmly believe that individuals and organizations in all sectors working in VN will strongly oppose it because it hampers the ability to operate and exchange their information. This decree, I do not understand results. " U.S. embassy in VN-capital not forget the eloquent speeches about human rights Truong Tan Sang before the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the U.S. president a 6 day - have expressed deep concern. U.S. embassy statement noted: "contrary to Decree 72 of VN obligations in the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights, as well as the commitment of VN in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights". It is only harmful because "will limit the development of the information technology field are parted by reining VN innovation in the water and prevents foreign investment." The agency's major newspapers such as The Economist UK post entitled: "VN and the internet: Repression bold". The Washington Post in the U.S., write: "VN is not the only country to implement repression ... but with Decree No. 72, VN seem worse dropped a new level ... this is one of the countries with the provisions of the toughest media "(BBC 12-08-2013). Japan's Sankei newspaper on 05-8 wrote: "VN People are increasingly unhappy to mode for many reasons such as corruption, bribery, this coupled with shrinking economy,so the communist government feared people will come out more openly hostile, more powerful, so must promulgate this decree 72 ".
Living in Vietnam, everyone knows decree is a method using the "law of the jungle" of the communist government, signed by the Government, through the National Assembly is not required, it is usually the most sloppy, silly , is not realistic, even made impossible. For example decree banning gatherings also gave the definition preposterous way and allow very many arbitrary behavior. As can be arrested, administratively protesters in peaceful and orderly community against Chinese aggression, but ignore before the scene of youth who poured into the street chaos, blocking traffic to pick up to Korean stars or brag about homosexuality!?!
Back to the weird Decree of Nguyen Tan Dung, we see it:
- Serious violations of Article 19 Universal Declaration of Human Rights (the Vietnamese State President Truong Tan Sang new commitment to keep the joint statement with the U.S. President on 25-07) and Article 19 of the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights: "Everyone has the right to freedom of expression, this right includes freedom to seek, receive, and disseminate all information and ideas through word of mouth, in writing or print products, in the form of art, or through any other media, regardless of national borders. " Decree also violates the rights of citizens to participate in the government of society, violates the right to freedom of thought and association prescribed in the Constitution, and against the public right of way to earn a communist past as propaganda their policies.
- Because destroy freedom of speech and freedom of the internet (a new human rights of the modern age), Decree cause serious damage to the development of a healthy society (that VN is not available) in which the comments reversible with respect to any matter shall be allowed to present the final fine leg winner, for the construction of a state responsibility (the VN yet to see), because they are often subject to the comments and Director observe and comment on the status of the people's leader, the mode of governance, on domestic policy and foreign affairs, for the construction of a civilized nation progress (but not in VN) by freedoms of citizens, which is a prerequisite freedom of speech, is a chance to flourish, as it is seen in the prosperous democracies.
- More importantly, the Decree No. 72 stepped foot follow China Communist to monitor and limit the activities on network of people (Before and now am still the same between Ba Dinh and Trung Nam Hai), has just entered into the Chinese community because wanted to delete opinions, thereby canceling the action against China that are increasingly comprehensive simmering between the vast majority of people in Vietnam, both in cyberspace both real space. Internet and social networks have long known how to provide comments on news unruly behavior Beijing's brutal, cowardly behavior cowardice of Hanoi, as well as take-up and transmission include calls for protests they rob the country against foreign aggression and internal aggression they sell country. Deliberately to collapse intellectual and kill will of people like that, continue to control young minds (which accounts for a majority of the network) and caged patriots like (almost 50 bloggers in this half 2013) -While China is increasingly becoming a catastrophe for the world and especially for the Vietnam that was a threat to the nation at now and long term.
That is why the people of Vietnam must against the blatant silence people and the dream to hold whole the sky this madness of CS by increasing the behavior to freedom of speech on the internet and through social networking sites. Every blogger, every netizen let become a journalist cheering for justice and truth, for democracy and human rights, in order to cope with the public opinion multitude who's insentient and uneducated (there were seven or eight Fifty thousand) only takes rice everyday from people harm country, to expose and denounce before the national wrongs and crimes of Communist leaders!
Freedom of speech than 177 (15-08-2013). Doc free speech than 177 (15-08-2013). Doc
937K View Download